Monday, November 8, 2010

Already an odd day . . .

Not Alaska redux.

Started the day looking out of the window this early morning to see Puppy's Pop shoveling snow off of the driveway! Yikes, way to go Connecticut Democrats! I decided not to go shopping for Not Your Daughter's Jeans and Grampa didn't go to the VA in Providence for his blood work so after breakfast at home we took a ride to Oneco for coffee. Well Lizzy B's was mobbed and the owner has to put her two step grandkids on the bus in the morning. Of course there was a 90 minute delay and no bus. I offered to watch the kids, Dakota 6 and Brianna 5, and put them on the bus because Linda was alone in the kitchen and really couldn't stay outside with the kids. Grampa and I ended up buckling the kids into the Dodge and bringing them to the Sterling school. Our good deed for the year! I happened to have my iPad with me because I wanted to show Linda how nice the welcome cart looked in the photos I had taken. Turned out to be perfect for the kids as they took turns playing the dot to dot game as we waited for the bus that never came. Way cool.

On a warmer note I ordered a kerosene heater from Amazon last night just in case we ever have a power outage. I don't think that Puppy's Pop is too thrilled with the idea but I just want to have it in case. Just can't trust those Democrats in Connecticut to keep the power on. We went for a very cold, windy, brisk walk at the Dog Track yesterday, no flying. I'll walk inside today and go back to my audio books.

Quote: The melancholy days are come, the saddest of the year. __Bryant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pumpkin welcome cart,particularily in the snow!!!!