Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reminicences . . .

Just sipping my post prandial Cabernet-Sauvignon and was thinking about the new front loader Whilrpool washing machine made in Canada that today replaced our almost 27 year old Maytag. Now I realize that it's odd to get nostalgic about a washing machine so I'll blame the wine. My thoughts went back to 1984. Ma Tante was here; Ma and Pa were here; Dad was working at UNC; Gram was in Oneco; the boy was 12; the girls were 10 and 5; I was teaching at KHS with my best friend, Agnes. I've got to say that old washing machine had a lot of wonderful stories to tell as I sipped my wine. Made me shed some tears and smile too. Lord, how I miss the days of yore. Yes, life today is really something special and wonderful. We still love and enjoy our lives but memories of olden days are not ephemeral; they live in our souls as treasures of the greatest worth. Life goes on without the physical beings that formed us and love us but they assuredly are with us always. And so we are thankful for our past, our daily lives and the well trod future they have paved for us.

No comments: