Saturday, November 27, 2010

Interesting aside . . .

Fishing in Alaska.

Wanted to go for a walk on this very windy, quite cold sunny day and since the Dog Track is out of bounds I asked Puppy's Pop if he wanted to accompany me for my old routine walk on our very own street. He declined but said he'd walk with me at the Yankee Flyers' field since it was too windy for flying and he had some "stuff" to do. We walked about 3/4 of the way around the Industrial Park, about a mile, before we cut cross lots through the cut hay fields to the flying field. Pretty good walk but I doubt I will walk through the hay fields on my own. Too rough and bumpy for me. From there we went to the Putnam Walmart because I had told Grampa that they has kerosene for $21 for 5 gallons. Surprise, I was very, very wrong. (Notice, not one "very" but two.) It was $21 for about 2 gallons. My flub. From there I thought we were going to the Java Jive in Woodstock for lunch. Wrong again. Started out going South on the entrance to 395 and immediately did u-turn on the exit so we could go North on 395. Phew, that was fun. I decided to ask where we were going and found out we were looking for the Yankee Flyers' meeting place so Grampa could go to the Thursday meeting. Well . . . The latest incarnation of the meeting site is in a not-Catholic church in Grosvenordale across from Colt'sPlastic. Yep. We think we found it. A Methodist church which is across from what may have once been the plastics mill but is now a type of shopping center cum-office space cum-whatever they could put in the old mill. But naturally we didn't stop to see if we really had the right spot we just kept on driving and driving. So I dared to ask where we were going since we hadn't really ascertained where the Thursday meeting is to take place. I was told that we were under control as we drove down Route 131 almost into Southbridge, MA before we went left on Route 197 through North Woodstock ( a beautiful drive) and then left on 169 to our lunch at Java Jive. Yes, a good time was had by the two of us. I couldn't help laughing on the drive. Gotta love that man. He's just too much fun. I never know what to expect even after almost 44 years. When we returned home we had a message from our neighbor that their dog, Lex was feeling better. That was a relief. Thursday night, because my hip was bothering me so much and I didn't want to take the time to clean off the turkey carcass I had just cooked up for stock I had Puppy's Pop throw it outside behind the garage. Of course old Lexi-pooh got loose and pigged out. He'd been sick ever since.

Quote: It will be found that they are the weakest-minded and the hardest-hearted men, that most love change. ___Ruskin

No comments: