Friday, November 12, 2010

Sunny and beautiful . . .


While I was out gallivanting with Kiddo yesterday poor Grampa had a big problem on the home front. Our 26 year old washing machine burned out, literally. He called to tell me about the smoke all over the place but no fire. Thank goodness. I'm glad that he was home because sometimes I put in a wash and leave to go on errands. We went to Bousquet's in Danielson when I got home at 6pm last night and bought a Whirlpool front loader. It will be delivered tomorrow, set up and the old one carted off. We paid $1000 26 years ago for our Maytag washer and dryer set. The dryer conked out in 2004 and the washer just died. Pretty good. Had forgotten that we had bought it from the same store, Bousquet's. This time we paid total cost of $760 but that includes about $50 in tax. Disgusting. Can't wait to start using the new one. Hope it works 75% as well as son's does.

Kiddo and I had a good day. We managed to fine some more Bey Blades (dueling tops), gloves for him, books, for him and origami planes for us. He ate a quarter pounder ( no cheese), a small fry and a jug of chocolate milk for lunch before we went to the Mystic Aquarium, one of his favorite places. The Challenge of the Deep theatre was a lot of fun. You sit on a chair and hold on as you go into the depths to view a giant squid who grapples the vessel you're in before a whale saves you. The sea lion show was the best ever with 4 sleek animals strutting their stuff. I just follow where ever Kiddo takes me. He's the expert at the aquarium. Although he didn't want to touch the rays he stayed very close to the pool and was splashed by them as others petted them as they swam by. Will be leaving soon for Sacred Heart. Older brother and his wife will stop in to get the yellow dahlia toes and then they should be on their way to younger brother's from whence the gang will go to Richoni's for lunch. I may bump into them after my stint at the school. Grampa will have to do the garden honors since I'll be on my way. I'm tired of digging up the dahlias and plan to see if I can get them to winter over in the garden. But if I fail at least someone will have the beautiful, large yellow ones!

Quote: Flowers are God's thoughts of beauty, taking form to gladden mortal gaze; - bright gems of earth, in which perchance, we see what Eden was - what Paradise may be! __Anonymous


Damn - I may have to cancel giving them away ; )

No comments: