Monday, November 17, 2014

3:50 post meridian and I had to turn the lights on . . .

Haley's Farm, Groton
It's been a dark and dreary day but some how it has flown by. Not sure how that happened. Did a couple of loads of wash, made beds, played with bird photos, went to Big Y, oh, read the Bulletin - that's it. Oh, exercised too and had a monster lunch. I was starving and made myself egg salad with lots of Sweet Vidalias, Cain's Mayonnaise (the only good mayonnaise) with real butter on an English muffin and a homemade café mocha. And . . . wait for it . . . I'm still hungry. What's up with that? P&D's Pop always says it's the caveman genes that are kicking in with the cold weather so my body needs more food to keep warm. I've always bought into that tall tale because it's a good excuse to eat rich and hearty.

My Christmas cards arrived today. I ordered 120 from Etsy. They are just fine. Pretty much white cards that say Merry Christmas. I like their simplicity. The lady I bought them from added some birthday cards as a thank you for the order. That was nice. We're going to change our Christmas giving this year. Got to let the big kids know that we're only giving to the young ones, that means Kiddo and eldest's two grand children actually three with the newbie due in about four weeks. Stopping the candy from the nuns to all and sundry. Having a little trouble with that decision but it's time to stop. I will send out Christmas cards to all. Not ready to stop that yet. We'll also have a real tree and a few simple decorations around the house; it'll be a plain and quiet Christmas.  And of course we'll have our traditional family Roast Beast on Christmas Day. Sounds good to us.

Quote:  The soul of man is infinite in what it covets.  _____Heber

No comments: