Saturday, November 1, 2014

Cajun CJ's Gumbo . .


Cajun CJ's Gumbo that's what's for supper tonight. Not sure what's gotten to me but I felt like baking too and made some Cape Cod Oatmeal Cookies. Smells good in this old kitchen. Maybe I feel like getting back to this journal because I'm coming to grips with the topsy turvy in my life. Wanting to move south but staying north was a concern for my feeble wits but it's beginning to feel a bit okay. We can play this game day by day and just let our lives unroll as perhaps they were meant to unfold. Have to try to push back the anxiety and know that no matter where we are we'll be okay. It seems pretty straight forward and simple but it's not easy on this ditsy mind of mine. I keep trying to plan things out and I can't. I must remember the year I was so messed up; and then Pa, Matante and Ma died and my kid brother accidentally rapelled off of a cliff, fell, survived and middle child gashed her leg badly in a long jump pit that hadn't been checked for rocks,  I finally gave up trying to figure things out and decided to roll with the punches that seemed to be never ending and here I am today twenty-six years later, feeling healthy if not wise even though I complain about aches and pains and I've got to learn the lesson all over again:  nothing stays the same; changes are inevitable; live each day ; enjoy  today; appreciate all the goodness in my life; know that I've fulfilled my dreams and whatever comes next is a bonus. I always wanted to marry, have children, a home and a good job. Yep. It's that simple and I've been fortunate to have  had it all. So it's time to "Laissez les bons temps rouler" whether it be north or south. I love my husband, my children, my home, my work. What more should I want?  Nothing.

Quote:  The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather loved in spite of ourselves.   ___Victor Hugo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, mon amie.