Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Okay . . . that was interesting . . .

Sweet
Got to the Orthopaedic Doctor's office a smidge early and I was in 'the room' a bit early too and lo and behold the doctor was right on time. Gee, I like this man. The MRI's showed a slight tear in the right rotator cuff so we'll just leave it alone. He warned me not to throw anything overhand with the right arm nor rotate it much. The back has more arthritis than I expected but nothing major. He offered me a shot which I declined but I'll be going to a therapist to set up exercises I can do on a daily basis to strengthen and stretch my back. I'll show the therapist what I've been doing because I think I've done some exercises I was taught in cardiac rehab that probably aren't good for the back. (Definitely not going back to the guy in Danielson.) The doctor also told me I could go back to my weights, just don't throw things or rotate the right shoulder. Yay. I've already dug them out. I had to hide them from myself so I wouldn't use them. I do have a tendency to go overboard.

Got back from a good visit with younger sister yesterday and P&D's Pop had been speaking with a guy who explained that we need to have railings on the porch steps and the steps going to the milk room. So that's what he's doing at this very moment; working on the porch railings. We may just pull out the steps to the milk room and add some loam and grass instead of a railing. Neither of us really use those steps because they can be somewhat treacherous especially in the Winter. As I think about it perhaps there should be a railing at the top of the wall by the milk room. Everyone is safety conscious to the extreme and even though there have been many kids brought up in this old house and I'm sure many of them have jumped from the top of that wall I guess today's kids need to be protected from their rash behaviors. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

Think I'll walk up the street today. It's not quite 32 degrees though so I'll have to dress up.  Poo.

Quote:  Sophistry is like a window curtain - it pleases as an ornament, but its true use is to keep out the light.

No comments: