Saturday, November 22, 2014

I've never blogged at night before . . .


Isn't that crazy . . . I swear I've never written in the evening. I usually write in the afternoon but I was caught up walking my couple of cold miles, taking photos of the hawk P&D's Pop saw and I've just finished watching Gold Rush on the boob tube. It's good that we can tape it and skip the ads. Not sure why I get a kick out of the show but I do. Perhaps because it takes place in Alaska and of all the reality shows it's interesting to see gold kept in Mason Jars as the weeks progress. No one else keeps stuff in Mason Jars on modern day media! There's really nothing worthwhile that comes out of other reality shows. At least I get to see gold and I like gold. Wish I had at least one solid gold coin to keep on top of the old desk so I could admire it. Pure gold looks as if it must feel warm, bright, heavy and beautiful. I'd even settle for a little, teeny weeny bar! We gave Kiddo the gold we panned when we were in Alaska so he has a little bit hidden away, probably worth about $25. That's cool. We also gave him some pure silver. I'm sure it isn't worth too much but it sure is pretty.

He just called to tell us that he's doing a good job on two of his projects for school. He has one due Tuesday on Lionfish and then a super big one due in January about Tchad. He had to pick a country where French was spoken and he chose Tchad! Wow, it was hard finding him a good book to use as part of his research. They are not allowed to go overboard using Google, Wikipedia or media junk so it's pretty interesting to see him working on his projects. He and Grampa went to buy just the right poster board colors, spray glue and various other colored paper so he can finish the projects. His Mom hates the projects but the kid seems to thrive on them. Personally, I hated them when I was in school and I rarely assigned projects in my classes. I hated cooking projects or art projects. What a pain in the derrière for all. I'm always impressed how he can speak extemporaneously on any subject he has decided he likes.

We played Chess this weekend and now I think he's hooked. I sent him a set from Amazon. He should get it Wednesday. His Mom is going to kill me because he'll be bugging her to play. He was practicing on the iPad on the way to Groton this morning. I'm not a good teacher so I told him to play against the computer. He'll learn more that way!

Quote:  Heaven must be in me before I can be in heaven.  ___Stanford

No comments: