Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hard work . . .

Beauty personified
Phew, I'm pooped. P&D's Pop and I went for a walk, after a great snack on fresh desserts provided courtesy of the Roadside, and on our return I decided to clean up the rest of the garden for Winter. I cut down the asparagus stalks and then hit the raspberry patch. It's hot, sweaty, healthy work; I worked slowly and wore gloves so I'm still in pretty good shape. Very few people at Mass today because the kids have a long weekend and I guess you don't need Christian instruction if you're on holiday even though somehow or other the overhead projection of the prayers for the kids' Mass still has " and my soul shell be healed." I swear I do not make this stuff up. So . . . point being (yes, I'm rambling) everyone involved with the kids' instruction should be teaching them the difference between shall and shell even though it is religious instruction! Ignorance is not bliss nor is it blessed. Good, I've got that out of my system again.

Friday I brought Kiddo and his saxophone to the music store because the instrument would not make proper sounds no matter what Kiddo or his teacher did. We came home with a loaner sax that sounds terrific. Luckily middle child had bought a two year warrantyand it's being cleaned. Should be ready in about a week. I should have known that it needs cleaning and spiffying up twice a year. Will have to do that from now on. Got some fantastic photos and a video of Bluebirds at the box near the garden yesterday morning and today. I was so excited because they are the best photos I've ever taken of our Bluebirds. The sun was out bright and low shining on the birds; perfect.

Went to see Alice in Wonderland last night with Oneco friend and her daughter. Her daughter often gets us tickets to the Plainfield High School productions. The kids do an excellent job. As a non sequitur, I'm still rambling,  I'm glad that Grampa has a chance to work with our high school students. It's a plus for everyone - even I get a chance to have a little old house time to myself when he's at school! Will be playing cards tomorrow with cousin S. Still enjoy our biweekly get togethers.

Quote:  There is certainly something of exquisite kindness and thoughtful benevolence in that rarest of gifts, - fine breeding.    ___Bulwer

No comments: