Sunday, November 16, 2014

Now that was nice . . .


Was pleasantly surprised when I was told my godchild from New York was coming for a visit! So it ended up an excellent day. Her father and mother brought her here around one o'clock, then her older sister showed up and my younger brother and his wife too. Very cool. Spent time drinking coffee and tea and us older folks also had snacking goodies. The best part was talking, laughing and being together for a few hours. It really is a rare occasion so it was nice to have everyone here in this old house.

Kiddo and I played UNO yesterday and he beat me about eight hands in a row. I was surprised when we went out in the cold to shoot some baskets (I'm the gopher) and I forgot all about my right arm. So it must be working pretty good because I could throw the basketball around and made a lot of nice bounce passes. Good on me. I like it like that. Will go visit R. Tuesday this week. I have a doctor's appointment to find out the results of the MRI's on our usual Wednesday visit.  I have the CD of the results to bring with me. That's pretty cool.

Feeling a bit spiffier today even though it is gray and cold out. Grampa and I went to the flying field and I got in about a half hour walking in the spitting snow. Fresh air always perks me up. We also went to Hog Heaven in Fiskdale, MA to pick up some parts for the planes.  On the way home we stopped in Southbridge to give older brother and his wife the Indian Corn I had put aside for them. Short visit but good.

 Time to read the paper which is still not getting to us at a reasonable hour. It's been an entire week that the Bulletin arrives around 8am. Much too late for Grampa who is up and about by six or earlier. Will have to call again and make a more forceful complaint! Doubt it'll work though.

Quote:  Three things too much, and three too little are pernicious to man; to speak much, and know little; to spend much, and have little; to presume much, and be worth little.   ____Cervantes

No comments: