Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gees . . . I have been very bad . . .


Yes, bad to the bone. For some inane  reason I felt almost faint went I got back from my bi-weekly cribbage games with cousine S. I had eaten a good breakfast but because I was so hungry on my return at around 11:30 I ate enough to fill two of me. Still didn't feel great but went shopping at Big Y along with the entire village and came home still craving food. So I did the best I could; I went out and bought myself Ben&Jerry's Everything But The . . . After I ate half of it I felt terrific and cleaned the house a smidge, played around with the Lumix and was ready for supper! Now here we are after supper and I just finished the Ben&Jerry's. Awesome. I hate that word but it fits the circumstances. I just put on at least 5 pounds. But I feel super fine. Nothing else to say.

So discouraged by the news today. Can't believe that Ferguson, Missouri is in the throes of race riots. This should have passed years ago but it seems to be getting worse. One would think that having a mixed race president would help ease the tensions in this vast United States of America. But if anything racial tensions are worse than I've seen them. I find it frightening for all people that we are still looking at skin color, eye shapes, ethnicity, religion as important. What has happened to our souls that they no longer shine through the morass? It is painful to live in such crude, backwards, material, selfish times. It seems that man truly is an animal without the instinct to love, honor and protect his own kind. Other animals have their instincts and live quite well in their animal kingdoms. Man is the worst animal because he follows base instincts and has not improved over the time he has been on this Earth. One may not believe in God but one can understand why a belief in a some intelligent being seems to be the only way to bring order into the chaos man makes. Man is in a losing battle with himself. Don't like it one single bit. I really think that the song from South Pacific fits our situation here on earth. "You've got to be taught, before it's too late, to hate all the things your relatives hate. You've got to be carefully taught."

Well this isn't helping my mood so I'll just sign off. And to think that I'm an optimist. Gees Louise.

Quote:  The existence of evil, as Whately well says, is the great theological difficulty; and the apparent want of success of good men in overcoming it, is but one branch of this difficulty.   ___Bristed

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Not race riots. They would have rioted and looted regardless of the Grand jury's decision. A certain segment of the population just has less self control than the rest. Twenty years from now we will fondly recall the trigger for St. Louis turning into Detroit 2. The media gets what it wants. The only thing that would have saved anything in that area was lots and lots of live ammo.

Qu'que chose said...

I refuse to believe that. I honestly believe that you're right about the media but if families and churches would only bring up the kids in righteous ways we could possibly save the country from marching to Armageddon.