Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Unhappy state of affairs . . .

At least this little guy is happy at the Diner!
P&D's Pop returned this stormy morning with a very nice monetary gift certificate to Gus's Pub from a friend at the school.  That is really very nice but somehow there is a downside to this generosity and that is:  he went to the Roadside in Central Village to get the gift certificate but they wouldn't oblige him because they are leaving soon for Canterbury. What the hell. I knew down deep that they wouldn't stay in Plainfield but I've really enjoyed the food and especially the service. These guys have never stayed at anything for more than a few years and then they're off. I was hoping this would be different. I guess I'm blown away by the fact that these two guys use people for their own ends and are not pleasant to the people that work for them. That sounds like sour grapes and it is but I believe it's the truth. I've seen servers in other restaurants we've frequented also treated like dirt and this has been the same. I think if I were working there I would have walked out on them long ago. They have great food but lousy manners. I suppose we may check them out in their new digs but perhaps we'll just go to breakfast less. We have found a very good place for lunch with a couple of beers and a Margarita so we're all set! Could end up saving us a lot of money. Okay, there it is, the bright side. I will miss seeing Trish but imagine she will find a new place to work. She's an excellent waitress and great employee who is most definitely underpaid and overworked.

Missing my weekly trek to East Granby because of a Nor'easter. It's only raining now but will probably turn to snow later this evening. We are getting some pellet rain at the moment and I think that younger sister may already be getting wet heavy snow. I'll weather the storm writing Christmas cards and reading.  The birds are looking frazzled; not sure I can get any good photos today.

Quote:  Self-trust is the essence of heroism.    ___Emerson

No comments: