Monday, November 10, 2014

Plain grouchy . . .

Geese in a fly over at Arlington National Cemetery
Photo by Donna L. Epstein-Cole who gave me permission to share this beautiful photo
Unsure why I've been grouchy all day but I have been. Starting out the day too early, without the Bellyache Bulletin to read and spending the first hour after I got up trying to contact the nimrods in Norwich and getting nowhere didn't help. Then I strolled into the kitchen after P&D's Pop had left for school and cars, trucks and men were piling up on the driveway. Yikes, I had to go and retrieve a bathrobe as I was certainly not ready for workers at the windows. The roofers came without notice only two weeks late but at least the job is halfway complete and they've been halfway paid. Have no idea if they will return tomorrow or not. They were out of here by 1pm. But it's looking pretty darned good. If it lasts as long as our old roof, 45 years and counting, the roof will outlive us! The underlying wood is in beautiful condition, just as it was 45 years ago so we can't complain about anything. It was time to break down and invest in a new one but it hurt me to write out the check. I hate spending that much money for something that didn't leak! But it was breaking up in some places so I know it had to be done.

Went with P&D's Pop to the flying field and tried to walk off my grouch. It helped a little. Didn't get too much accomplished today. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Still have so much reading to do but I keep taking pictures and working hard to improve them once I've taken them! I do find it relaxing to go upstairs, kneel on the floor at the window and try to get some good shots of the birds. I lose track of time when I'm taking photos and also when I'm playing with them. I think I should take a class to learn how to use my camera to full advantage. That's a maybe.

Younger sister called and was happy with her mini vacation with our younger brother and his wife. She sounded great and had a good time. Also spoke with older brother today about Massachusetts and Connecticut politics. What a mess. At least the people in Massachusetts now have a Republican governor. We couldn't even kick the incumbent Democrat bastards out. Oh what a state we're in - something is rotten in the state of Connecticut. Am I paraphrasing Shakespeare?  I hope the ending isn't as brutal.

Quote:  He fancies himself enlightened, because he see the deficiencies of others; he is ignorant, because he has never reflected on his own.   ___Bulwer

No comments: