Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Voted . . .


Started out this beautiful morning in New England, US of A at the polls in Moosup, Connecticut. We had some trouble finding a place to park! There was a line to check ID's and it continued as we received our ballots and had to wait for open carrels. This is spectacular, grand, super and every other good expletive you can fathom. Wow! We went to breakfast, bien sur, at The Roadside and it was very busy. After delicious poached eggs on cheese on toast we were treated to railroad men moving dunnage for the new rails they will be installing. I felt like we were back in the 1940's. Life is invigorating, at least for now. So I accept all that is good in this day without question and pray that tomorrow will see a change in the fortunes of our tattered republic.

Scrubbed this old house yesterday because it needed it. I've gotten lax in my dotage. I only clean when the cleaning spirit moves me and that is much less frequently as I grow up. I consider this progress. I'm still anal but I'd like to think that I'm a smidge more relaxed. We went out for supper with Oneco friends and it was very good. What a pleasure to be with longtime Onecoians; very comfortable.  Will try to go for a ride sometime today to find the eagles in Rhode Island. Not sure what we'll come up with but I'm looking forward to it. Still have some shopping to do at Big Y. Since they have enlarged and redone the store it takes me longer to find what I'm looking for and I meander through every aisle! Oh well, one day I'll get the hang of it and will know exactly where to go!

Quote:  I hate all bungling as I do sin, but particularly bungling in politics, which leads to the misery and ruin of many thousands and millions of people.  ___Goethe

No comments: