Thursday, November 6, 2014

Very good grey day . . .


Picked up my friend K. at 9:30 and we were off to Haley Farm in Groton for some photo taking. It rained all day but not hard enough to stop us from walking one of the trails closest to the little cove. We were amazed by how beautiful Haley Farm is and plan to go back in good weather to walk the trails and hope to see many different species of birds and flora. A lady who had come to walk the trails told us she had seen an owl yesterday. That would be so neat for us. We left as it started to rain hard and parked at Bluff Point to eat our peanut butter crackers, sandwiches, pretzels, almonds, cheese, cookies and drink lots of water; good snacking! Since it was really raining after lunch K. thought we should go to Slater Museum on the campus at NFA. It was a bonne idée. We saw the Connecticut Pastel Society's 21st Annual National Exhibition. It was very good and made even better because K. is quite an artist and could answer my questions with ease. We've made another Adventure Date! Cool.

Had a chance to visit with younger sister for a while yesterday before I dropped her off to stay with our younger brother and his wife. I'm sure they are all enjoying the visit. Good weather for staying inside and gabbing the day away. Grampa and I decided to go out for burgers at New York Pizza in Central Village. The $5 off coupon given to him by Rob, the PHS teacher he helps, is great. We can use it all year long! Nifty.

Probably wasn't too brilliant to take photos in the rain today but I'm going to download what I took and see if my poor camera minded the rain. I only took about 60 because I hated getting the camera wet. I've set it on the Bunn coffee maker to make sure it's all dried out!

Quote:  Nature is the most thrifty thing in the world; she never wastes anything; she undergoes change, but there's no annihilation - the essence remains.    ____T. Binney


No comments: