Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Already way too much done this morning . . .

P&D's Pop tidying up after flying in Walker
It's only 11 am and we've already been to get my regular fasting blood work done in Zachary; had a fantastic crispy pecan waffle and extra crispy bacon with coffee at Waffle House; almost caught in a traffic mess on Pride Port Hudson Road because a tractor trailer truck driver tried to back into a driveway on a curve and couldn't make it. He had the front end part way down the bank on the right and the back end partly down down the ditch on the left completely blocking the road. We could see the police car's blue lights flashing through the underside of the truck. We lucked out and were able to turn around and go back into Zachary where we took 64 East to MacHost so we could get to Bayou Park.

 A few days back P&D's Pop lost a battery while flying there but when we stopped yesterday there was a golfer in the field where he had been flying that day so we went back this morning. We turned the area into a grid and looked carefully but no luck. I was getting into the truck when I saw Grampa look into the big garbage barrel near the parking area and he pulled out the battery! That surprised the heck out of both of us. Pretty cool doings.

Not sure what possessed me, perhaps the fact that it's cloudy, but I decided to get the old Black & Decker light weight weed whacker ready for a workout. The best part is that Grampa revved up the new push mower and mowed near the fence and the ditch while I did the trim. First time we've gotten everything all spiffed up - looks good too. When  we finished that I had to do a dark wash because we were a mess. I do dress properly and wear a hat and glasses when I use my lawn neater upper.

  Still have some thinking to do about putting a couple of flowering plants in the back yard. Can't figure it out yet. I think camellias are a winter flowering plant and  azaleas bloom in Spring so I may have to choose one or the other or be brave and go with a couple of each. I may have to buy some good sized plants because I want them to bloom in fecundity this year!

Quote:  Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.   ___Augustine

No comments: