Sunday, April 10, 2016

Canticle of the Sun



My friend A... is in the second photo from the top holding my Strawberry Daiquiri so I can take photos!
Mass was beautiful, comfortable, peaceful, calm, sonorous, jubilant this fine Sunday. I had never heard the Canticle of the Sun and I liked it very much. The lyrics show an appreciation of God's perfection in nature - no real mention of the imperfection of mankind! Returned home to the 1937 Ford looking magnificent parked in the driveway while Daytona Puppy, Oldest Kiddo and P&D's Pop where lounging on the back porch. And to top it off Connecticut Kiddo Facetimed me and we took turns at Brain Quest 7.  Just a bit after noon and my day runneth over.

Tomorrow or Tuesday or both days Middle Child will be here for the first time as she has work to do in Baton Rouge. We're so glad that she'll be here and mayhap the next work related visit our Kiddo will be able to fly down with her and stay with us while she works. Such good ideas coming to fruition. Making me smile a whole heck of a lot.

The birthday party yesterday was at another fantabulous park, this one in Zachary. I spent most of my time walking around the beautiful grounds and stopping by to watch a Little League game. I've never seen parks as well kept as the parks in Louisiana. These kids can even play under the lights!  And Friday's trip to Ponchatula for the Strawberry Festival was an eye opener. My friend A... and I ate lunch at Paul's Cafe and it was another superior meal - onion rings and a catfish sandwich with unsweetened iced tea. We drank our Strawberry Daiquiris for desert besides adding in some stuffed beignets and a huge strawberry on a thick bed of dark chocolate filled with a custard. It was so big I needed the little spoon to eat it properly!  I'll put up some of the photos I took because the colours at the festival were, dare I use the ubiquitous word, awesome.

 How could I almost forget - P&D's Pop and my friend A...'s husband electrified The Shed!  Whoopee! Time to get in some exercise and start cookin'.


Quote:  Memory is the treasure-house of the mind wherein the monuments thereof are kept and preserved.   ____Fuller


No comments: