Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Maybe it's a charm . . .

Killdeer in the backyard
This is the third time today that I try to get to my blog. First time P&D's Pop asked me if I wanted to go to Doyle's Bayou Park so he could fly and I could walk. Can't say no to an invitation like that. Of course I forgot my hat and it was very sunny but I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible. I've got to find a really good skin protection because we're out in the sun a lot. I've never been too concerned about that but down here I think I've got to be careful. Right now the days are absolutely perfect but I'm certain the humidity and temperature will be rising to the point we'll have to turn on the air and even stay in the house! I think I may do some weed whacking tomorrow. It's not bad yet but I should probably try to keep the yard in nice shape. If we don't get any rain I guess we'll be all set for a while.

The second time I tried to blog I noticed that my iPad had gone back to not working in 3G once again. I wrote to my Apple contact but haven't had a response. I did get en email from Apple trying to sell me a new one! They've got a lot of nerve. We'll see if they ever straighten out this mess.

P&D's Pop, the Big Kiddo and I just finished supper outside and they are back at work putting in a wall between the workshop and the El Camino. It looks like it's coming along quite well. This morning Grampa and I went to a new store to buy the wood he needed for the shed. Stine's is in Walker and it is a fantastic place. We drove right into the building, picked out what we wanted, put it in the truck and paid on the way out of the building. I've never seen a store like that. They seem to be a few notches above Home Depot or Lowe's. I was also impressed with all of the garden stuff which I didn't get a chance to check out but we did get some more bird food. I think I'll be going back on my own just to look around. Think I'll go sit on the back porch with my camera and see if any wild life wants to be photographed.

Quote:  Fame - a few words upon a tombstone, and the truth of those not to be depended on.   ______Bovee

No comments: