Monday, April 25, 2016

One of my most foolish photos yet . . .

My red and white bird
Yep, there's still time to outdo myself in craziness but today's episode is one for the blogosphere. I reluctantly took my camera to South Park this morning but I refuse to carry it around my neck. I put the lens cover in my pocket and wrapped the neck strap around my left hand which made for a not bad way to carry it and walk at a fairly good pace. Of course I stopped often today as there were quite a few birds to attempt to get in some decent photos. I was tickled when I saw this lovely looking red and white bird trying to get some bites of food out of one of the garbage barrels. I even went down on my knees and kept getting closer to it as I was clicking away. As I kept getting closer and it wasn't flying away, as most intelligent creatures do, it dawned on me that I have oodles and oodles of photos of a red and white piece of paper flapping in the morning breeze. I was laughing so hard I almost fell down. Glad there was no one around to call the people with straight jackets to haul me away. That was one of the funniest episodes I've accomplished yet.

On our return to the house we picked up some money and headed to Stine's to get some more and different wild bird food. I would really like to entice the Painted Buntings to our yard. They are here in Louisiana all summer but I've yet to see any buntings. I've only seen an Indigo Bunting twice in Connecticut. I did get a photo of one, not a good photo but proof that I had seen one. The Painted Buntings do not go that far north. P&D's Pop rearranged the feeders and food so now we'll just play a waiting game. A few birds are taking occasional baths in the birdbath. I change the water every day and a few are also stopping in for a drink or two. Pretty neat.

Quote:  The treasures of the deep are not so precious as are the concealed comforts of a man locked up in woman's love. ______Middleton

No comments: