Friday, April 22, 2016

At South Park by 8am . . .


Damn we're good. We were at the park by 8 this morning and I purposely didn't take my camera because it slows me down or I slow down because of it! When  I'm carrying it I am always looking for stuff to photograph so I have an excuse to mosey, saunter, amble, shuffle, stop, look, listen instead of power walking. (That's another joke - power walking.) Bien sûr the Red-headed Woodpecker was sitting on the 15 mph sign as I took my first lap. Yes, I slowed, I stopped and he just sat there in all of his beauteousness for my admiration and admire him I did. Finally I kept walking and he flew off. And then, naturellement on my second lap around he was back in place on the sign; this time he was facing me, accusing me of being a dodo bird for not taking his photo as he graciously posed for me once again. Really, I should just call it quits for photographing Mother Nature. I'm never prepared even when I'm prepared because I'm too lazy to study how to use my camera properly, when I do take it with me. Oy vay! As I sit here on the porch the hummingbirds are taunting me too.

Last evening was pretty spectacular. I had promised a drummer friend of mine that I would tape the rain falling on the tin roof so I worked on doing just that but the rain wasn't too cooperative although I did get a short video with sound but not the crazy rain sounds we had when we moved here in February. As I continued to video and record the hummers flew in for their evening snack and I did manage to get a pretty decent video of them with the slight drumming of the rain for background music. As I was downloading the videos to the computer I glanced out the window at the pink sky. Wow, I had to grab the camera and rush out to shoot the sunset which was peachy keen and on turning around to go back in the front door I looked up and there was a rainbow above the house. I kid you not - gorgeous sunset and a rainbow at the same time. It probably happens in Moosup too but since it's so hilly up there I never saw it.

I think I'll check online if there is a pocket camera, not a phone, I can buy and just shove in my pocket so I'll be prepared when my red-headed friend poses for me again. Of course he may have given up on me as untrustworthy and a pain in the derrière to boot!

Before returning home we stopped at Walmart and picked up a few odds and ends one of which was a made in the USA yellow plastic Bath and Sink Snare our eldest Kiddo had told us about. Oh my goodness, in many ways the thought of using this long yellow sharp toothed snare made me shudder because I hate smelly, gross drains but the guest tub needed cleaning and this  neat tool did the job; gross stuff came out of the drain but it did come out in record time. What a difference there is now. It is a tool I will certainly keep in the house although I may not need it again for quite some time. I used it on the sinks but they were fine. That was a phenomenally fine find thanks to our engineer. You can't buy a cheaper tool than that to clean out slow drains - $2.50. Every home should have one - it should be in every real estate broker's care package for new homeowners!

Quote:  None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.    ____Goethe

No comments: