Thursday, April 7, 2016

Another beautiful crazy day . . .

Certainly not the best photo but still proof that the hummers are here!
Decided to go for my walk a bit early this fine morning and as I got to Juban I saw a Great Egret land in the drainage ditch. I didn't even get concerned  that I didn't have my camera because I figured that he was going to take some time to eat his breakfast. I completed my walk, went back home to retrieve my camera, stopped to take some very poor photos of Bluebirds on the telephone lines and got back to the corner at Juban and there was my Egret. I got quite a few photos and video but I haven't downloaded them yet. After he left the corner I walked back home only to see him or another Egret feasting in the ditch across from where we live. Bien sûr I took more photos and videos.

On my return home the phone was ringing and it was Apple calling to help me get the iPad back into proper working order. We spent almost two hours connected on the phone and with screen sharing to maybe have fixed the iPad 2. But a lot of my stuff has not been downloaded yet because Apple wants me to work with it for a few days to see if we really have solved the problem. If it still acts up I'll have to send it in because it will be a hardware problem. Oh well, I couldn't talk Maggie into a new iPad because I'm such a long time customer! Hope I'm all set. P&D's Pop and I will be going to Arkansas for a flying contest in a couple of weeks and I want the 3G working!

Found the bushes I'd like to put in the yard yesterday at Stine's but decided to wait some more. I figure it'll cost me at least $40 a bush and I'll also need to get some good soil and mulch. I'm going to go to Clegg's in Denham Springs to see what they have before I make my selection. I really do want the biggest plants I can get!

Quote:  It is heaven upon earth to have a man's mind move in charity, rest in providence, and turn upon the poles of truth.  ___Bacon

No comments: