Friday, April 1, 2016

Still having Apple Problems . . .

So beautiful
Started out the day going to Baton Rouge for a kidney x-Ray. Must admit I got there so fast it was unnerving. I left at 7:45 so I could be there for 8:45 and I ended up getting there at 8:07! Wow, I didn't hit one red light or traffic jam. I was out of the building before the start time of my second appointment with the Doctor to go over the results of the x-rays.  She was very pleased and I don't have to see her again until October for a regular checkup.

I have actually been away from my blog because as I was working on the iPad it dawned on me that the 3G wasn't working again! Since last Friday I've had a devil of a time getting it to work properly. I downloaded the latest iOS version and it killed the 3G. I was online with a live AT&T person Monday afternoon for a few hours trying to get it straightened out but it didn't work so the young man made an appointment for me to go to their store in Denham Springs. P&D's Pop brought me there and in two shakes of a lamb's tail the tech fixed it. Yay!

 Next day it was down again; no 3G, so I called the AT&T store and went back for another fix. This time I had to hang around quite a while but eventually a different tech put in a new SIM card and it still didn't work so he said it was an Apple problem. I called the Big Kiddo and he looked it up online. It seems that Apple's latest download to improve the iPad backfired. That meant I didn't need to buy a new one, Big Kiddo's wife would bring me to the Apple Store in Baton Rouge the next day.

Next day was a lot of fun; made a few stops, a western clothing store ( I like those shirts!) Victoria's Secret where I was trying on a t-shirt when my older brother called me on the phone! the Apple Store where after a short wait a lady tech fixed the iPad and then the pièce de résistance the Movie Tavern where we watch London Has Fallen while we ate a pretty darned good lunch!

 But, I digress. So . . . when I realized that the iPad was still not right I called Apple and was told I should go online because my wait time for help was going to be awful. I refused to hang up and told the robot to turn off the music while I waited. After quite some time Kye came on the phone and we went to work on the computer to get iTunes working properly so she could fix the 3G. After a couple of hours of Kye sharing the computer screen with me and getting nowhere she transferred me to her supervisor, Maggie. Maggie and I talked a bit and I explained that the phone number used to connect my iPad to the 3G no longer shows up in the stats. She called a tech at AT&T and we had a three way heart to heart. Then I was asked to remove the new SIM card from the device. I got P&D's Pop from his workshop to help me out. He removed it more easily than I did the first time. Then we waited 10 seconds and popped it back in. Like magic the 3G is now working again. Maggie sent me her email address and her phone number just in case it acts up again. Can't believe how much time I've spent on this tech problem and it wasn't even something I caused to happen. Seems to me Apple owes me a brand spanking new iPad that will never need any fixes. The bottom line is the telephone number now shows up in the statistics column. Lower case, yay.

Quote:  Accustom yourself to that which you bear ill, and you will bear it well. ----Seneca (Really?  I don't think so.)

No comments: