Tuesday, April 26, 2016

That's it . . . No more going out twice a week for breakfast . . .

Wild beauty
Nope we will no longer indulge in twice weekly breakfasts; we have opted for Sunday breakfast and lunch at Randazzo's once a week depending on their specials. P&D's Pop had their spaghetti and meatballs with a Stella Artois and I had Speck (Italian cured ham) fresh mozzarella, grilled red peppers on a fresh ciabatta bread with unsweetened iced tea. We shared the best Tiramisu ever for desert. I had teasingly told the young waitress to bring two spoons, a big one for me and a little one for P&D's Pop. I laughed when she brought out the beautifully plated Tiramisu and handed me a large serving spoon and old Pop got a teaspoon. I had to explain that I had been kidding so she went to get me a regular teaspoon. Gee, I've got to stop fooling around. These young people have no clue - she really didn't do it as part of a joke - she was dead serious about giving a customer what she asked for. So . . . yeah . . . I guess that's commendable in a hokey sort of way.

Henry and Rich, the carpenters that put up The Shed, are at their latest job across the street getting the forms set for one of our neighbor's new garage. I'm glad they were able to pick up so much work from our shed building. We do live in a fine neighborhood. We drove down a new street on the way back from South Park today, Wax Road. Wow, what an impressive neighborhood is that! Most of the homes are located on a spectacular golf course. I guess there is some money in Denham Springs. Lots of new stuff going up all over the place. I believe we are very lucky to have found our home for a reasonable price. I spoke with Alicia, our closest neighbor, last night and she was telling me that she and her 18 year old daughter will be leaving soon for an 8 day Girl Scout get together in Switzerland. They were warned to make sure to be in good shape for the outings they will be making in the Alps so she's been running with her app every evening in our neighborhood. They even went to Amite to run some hills which cracked me up. She laughed with me because the hills in Amite are not hills; they are very low mounds and if you are running on them you don't even realize that you are going up or down! She's very nice and offered to get me in touch with a homeschooling group of  moms who hire people to come in to teach things like foreign language to their offspring.

I was telling her how long it was taking for Immaculate Conception to get back to me about volunteer work in their Early Childhood Education Center. Alicia explained that she belongs to ICC and went to one of her daughter's religious Ed classes where she was appalled at the rudeness of many of the kids in the classes. She said it was no wonder ICC wanted me to volunteer in the religious ed classes rather than the Early Childhood Ed. I explained how I don't want to teach but only help out in any small ways they would choose. It'll be interesting to see if or when I get a call. The summer bible school program has already asked for my help but I explained that I would not teach religion - will not do it.  Since I'm in no hurry to get to work and since school here is almost done for the year I may just wait for the Fall classes to begin and offer my services to St. Jean Vianney parish off of O'Neil . They have schooling from preschool through 12th Grade. That may be a better fit for me, that is if they even want this old lady volunteer!

Quote:  There is no place so high that an ass laden with gold cannot reach it. ___Rojas

No comments: