Friday, April 15, 2016

Yuppers, I like the griddle . . .



Up early this morning, had a quick bite to eat before we left for Central to get some money for the week. We stopped at Clegg's and bought a Mandevilla, a beautiful Sun Parasol, to try to entice the Hummingbirds to land on the pink flowers so I can get some really good photos. So far the hummers have come and they just sit on the string above the plant. This is definitely going to be a waiting game!

Oldest Kiddo and his wife are here so he can help P&D's Pop with sheetrocking The Shed. That place will be like a little paradise before long. They didn't want to eat lunch, only asked for coffee but I have wanted to use the griddle on my new gas stove for quite some time. I made the coffee and proceeded to use the fancy Bisquick recipe for pancakes on the griddle. I impressed myself. They came out great and it's so easy to clean up. I had one bottle of maple syrup from our Moosup neighbors and cousins which I poured into a bowl. So we just stood around the center counter and dunked the role-polies into the syrup. Delicious and easy if I do say so myself. Will have to do that more often. Will probably make Cajun sausage with red beans and rice for dinner. The LSU gymnastics team is on TV today so I may take a peak. I used to love watching gymnastics but still wince when I think someone is going to fall off of the beam.

Quote:  Improvable reason is the distinction between man and the animal.  ___T. Binney

No comments: