Thursday, April 28, 2016

My very own . . .

Magnolia in the rain
We just finished lunch out on the porch - my very own version of a muffuletta with Lays' regular chips, death by chocolate cupcake bites and iced tea. While shopping this morning I decided to buy a  jar of Italian Olive Salad made in Kenner, LA. That spurred me into buying some thinly sliced baked ham and provolone cheese. The rest is history. I toasted the white whole wheat slices of bread and it was delicious - no more Rouses' minis! I don't think I'll go as far as getting a panini press but, come to think of it we may have a waffle maker that has some plain inserts and that would work as well. I'll have to search the house as I still don't know where everything is.

Received an email from my cribbage playing cousin in Moosup and she told me that she and her sister were going to put flowers on my parents' and little sister's grave for Memorial Day. That touched my heart. I wanted to ask someone to do that for me but I wasn't sure who to ask with out giving them an obligation that might be bothersome. They are nice angels helping me out.

P&D's Pop's friend will be stopping in shortly so I think I'll be going inside. It's easier for them to visit out here on the porch; I don't mind being a part of their conversation but since it's mainly about planes, contests, cars and conservatives I enjoy being in the air conditioned house reading my historical novels.

The Magnolia in the front yard is blooming. I hope one of the blossoms is going to be low enough for me to pick and bring in the house. They smell so good. While Grampa was flying after the heavy rains this morning I puttered around the yard with my trusty weedwacker. Phew, that's hot work. I only stepped in one fire ant hill! I got the special fire ant poison and sprinkled them and then found another hill to sprinkle. I don't think they like the rain. They were very active. I only noticed them because I got bit on the foot - they hurt. When I grabbed my shoe to shake it out I got bit on the hand - nasty suckers.

Quote:  Flattery is a base coin which gains currency only from our vanity.   ______LaRouchefoucauld

No comments: