Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And another good day . . .


All kinds of good news! Younger brother and wife stopped in while their dog was being groomed in Plainfield. We had a good visit and I was able to empty some of the upstairs closet besides! I still have some of the pictures and photos from Ma and Pa's that haven't gotten to their rightful owners. Now I have less in the big box. That's cool. I had also bought the pictorial book of Plainfield from the late 1800's to the 1950's and I thought younger brother wouldn't remember a lot of the places in the book. Wrong! He enjoyed it and will be getting his own copy. I'll have to share mine with the other siblings. It really is fun to see what Moosup used to look like when Ma and Pa were growing up and when Grampa and I were growing up!

Grampa won $8 yesterday playing horseshoes! He pitched a couple of 30% games. That was fantastique since he hasn't been pitching well in a while. So of course we splurged on breakfast this morning! Went to buy grandson some snow boots yesterday and Target didn't have one pair left for boys, only girly stuff so off we went to Sears. We lucked out. They had about 5 pairs left. I bought him a size 13. Hopefully they'll last 2 years? Of course we had to hit McD's since they are giving out the Avatar toys. He eats the 3 piece Chicken Selects and I get the Happy Meal so he can have the toy! We've got it all figured out. I'll be in Groton today and late into the evening because Richoni's has a party going on for about 60 people so Grampa will come and take us out for supper. Never too much McD's!

Youngest daughter has gotten the full time job with the National Health Service in Newcastle, England. That is so exciting. She starts today, full time and then is getting paid for the holidays. That's terrific. We'll be off to see her this coming summer. I'm already all pepped up. Can't wait. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. And . . . Gram's house has been sold; the closing was yesterday. Grampa's older brother has done a great job handling the estate. So glad he was able to get it all done before the New Year.

Quote: Wealth, after all, is a relative thing, since he that has little, and wants less, is richer than he that has much, and wants more. ------Colton

No comments: