Saturday, December 12, 2009

So much fun . . .

And we shall continue with the festive foods!

Back to Moosup after a very short sojourn in Groton. No snow in Groton but we still have snow on the hill here at home. Grandson and I had a blast this morning. It's so cold that the two inches of remaining snow is hard, crusty and slippery as all get out. We were going so fast over the bumps we had to hold on for dear life, with both of us screaming. I had to use my feet to slow us down before we got to the wall. He was all excited. I couldn't let him go down by himself because it was much too fast and you really can't steer these plastic sleds. I've warned him that if he ever goes down alone he has to fall off the sled if it goes near a tree or the wall. If we have heavy, thick snow it goes pretty slowly but not right now. It's some of the best sliding I've ever enjoyed. It was only 16 degrees this morning when we got up. It was probably about 20 while we were sledding around 8:40am. Had to bring him home early today which was too bad since we could have done a lot more playing outside! Oh well, I'm sure that there'll be other neat, cold, snowy days.

Managed to get off all of our Christmas cards and only have one more package of Penuche to deliver. I'll try to get to younger sister's apartment Monday. I hope we'll be able to go out for lunch again as we did last time. I enjoyed that so much.

The little house where Peter, Davey and Amanda lived has been taken over by a bank for $1.00. It's too bad. It has a new well and a new furnace, of course, no land to speak of. It probably won't cost too much for someone to buy it; but it's probably still not worth much. It would be nice if one of the many cousins could buy it, tear it down and make a lawn. That's sounds like a good idea!

Quote: They who have light in themselves, will not revolve as satellites.

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Wouldn't want to shoot over the wall.... ;-)

Supposed to be in the 70's here tomorrow.

Qu'que chose said...

Don't even remind me :( I still get the shakes from that episode! Oh, and quit bragging about the weather! You'll be getting your comeuppance soon I bet!