Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The day after . . .


Up so early this morning I saw the very large golden-orange moon going to rest in the arms of the West. A beautiful sight for sure at 5:30am, 10 degrees outside, toasty 70 in the kitchen. Only if you live in a very old New England cottage can you appreciate the beauty of ice crystals on the window pane as the sun comes up, all sparkly perfection in each and every one.

Should be taking down the Christmas decorations today but it's so calm, peaceful and cheerful in the house that I'll probably not get to them until next week. I'll go out shopping this morning for a few odds and ends at the Stop & Shop in Dayville as I can't get Lloyd's Ribs at Biy Y and then on to complete my reading assignments; still three magazines to go! And . . . I still have to get my 2010 calendar set up and all the 2009 papers put away until tax time. Nasty word, tax. Now I'm blue and I started out so cheerful.

Quote: Genius does what it must, and talent what it can. ----Owen Meredith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry I missed you yesterday...hope that your b.day was fun; sounds like you had a good day...don't eat all your nuts @ once :)

2Evil4U said...

Sounds like a nice morning. Not too bad down here, either.