Monday, December 14, 2009

Off and running . . .


Looks like I'll have good driving weather for my little trip to East Granby. The roads were slippery in some places earlier today but at 10am it's 38 degrees and climbing. The rain yesterday afternoon and evening washed away most of our snow but we still have some vestiges and it looks a bit bedraggled out there. The sun looks as if it will grace us with its beauty and light so it should be a good day. Perhaps I can convince Puppy's Pop to go get the Christmas tree while I'm off and running.

Went out for lunch yesterday to Sweet Evalina's in Woodstock. Grampa had a very good fish and chips and I settled for a wrap. I was surprised by how good the wrap was because, for me, it had an odd set of ingredients: turkey, cheese, coleslaw, onions, hot peppers, black olives and cranberry sauce. It was extremely tasty. I've been working very slowly on my berries puzzles and so of course it's coming together very slowly. But it is pretty!

Speaking of puzzles, our local nephew, niece and children gave me two puzzles for Christmas. A gorgeous 1500 piece with Santa "filling the stockings with care" and a 1000 piece panoramic photo of a beautiful farm scene replete with all sorts of hidden animals! I think they hate me! Oh, yes they gave Puppy's Pop a Big East Girly Calendar with one of the photos signed especially for him by one of the UCONN coeds. The money for the sale of the calendars goes to save the ta-tas." How crazy is that?

Can you believe it? Puppy's Pop just got back from his coffee break and walked in and asked if I thought it was a good idea if he went and got the Christmas tree! Yikes, it's getting scary when we actually begin to think alike.

Quote: Song ----- Little dew-drops of celestial melody. ----Carlyle

2 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Only took 42 years.... (?)

Qu'que chose said...

Yep . . . pretty good timing.