Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Getting better . . .

That tickle in my throat is almost gone! Yea! Hard to sleep when you have to cough.

It's been a bit more than hectic lately but very interesting and tiring! Puppy's Pop and I thoroughly enjoyed Rain Sunday. They play the Beatles and do a tremendous job. We enjoyed the entire show. Surprised by how much stuff we remembered and never realized it was the Beatles! We like their old stuff the best. The later stuff was "off the walls" but the musicians were superior.

Monday, Richoni's opened for business, not as usual. Middle child and husband have a huge job getting the place back into shape but they are working like maniacs. I'm just doing what they need help with, mainly the kids. I'm sure the first few months are going to be killers. I did help with cleaning and perhaps I'll be able to go and give a hand on Thursdays and Fridays after lunch duty at Sacred Heart. I'm sure daughter will let me know!

Got a nice non-Christmas present from my friend in Vermont; some note paper with my first initial on the front and a book, The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, A Memoir by Bill Bryson. It looks like a fun read as it's about the 1950's. It sounds like Wally Lamb's latest book of his days in Catholic School.

Gotta go. Grandson is on half days this week because of parent- teacher conferences. I think we'll be off to visit Mom at Richoni's before we hit McD's :) We've been keeping a list of books we read with him so he can prove how much reading he's doing at home. Last night he asked me if he could write down the names of the two we had just read. Wow, I was impressed at how well he is printing. He did a great job copying the titles.

Quote: Time, with all its celerity, moves slowly on to him whose whole employment is to watch its flight. --Johnson

No comments: