Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cold and windy . . .


Had a really nice phone call yesterday from our cousin in Minnesota and her husband. They sound very well and were just trying to keep up with us Nutmeggers! They were on the way to the Mayo clinic for her check up but no major medical problems which is nice. Were pleased to hear about how much my family love their pistachios, so much so that I'm in regular contact with their daughter who has pretty much taken over the pistachio business.

Also had a visit from friends who brought a fantastic bottle of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur! Can't wait for the next snow storm so I'll have an excuse for hot chocolate laced with Godiva. Sounds yummy! Grampa is off playing horseshoes in East Hartford today and I'll be off soon to get grandson from school. He has a half day and if we get a chance I hope to go sliding in their back yard. It may be too cold and windy, though so we may have to play games in the house. Oh, well, it'll be fun. He makes up all sorts of things for us to do!

We got over 12" of snow the other day. Southbridge only got about 9" and Norwich got a whopping 20". I have no clue what I'll find when I get to Groton but I doubt that we'll be doing any walking home from school!

Quote: Wine is a noble, generous liquor, and we should be humbly thankful for it; but, as I remember, water was made before it. -----John Eliot

No comments: