Saturday, January 23, 2010

And the seagulls were out sunning themselves . . .

And we interrupt Glacier Bay to bring you the completed Fraises et Bleuets. Grampa finally couldn't stand it anymore and when I only had the bleuets to do he finished the puzzle while I was on lunch duty! Couldn't get a really good picture because the flash caused all sorts of problems so the photo is somewhat distorted.

Finally got a chance to walk at the Dog Track; mid thirties, sunny, clear crisp air, bluest of blue skies, had to unzip my jacket, take off my hat and gloves. Doesn't get better than this in January! The seagulls didn't even pretend to be bothered as I walked close to them. They were in their glory just soaking up the beauteous day.

Grandson was in a USA puzzle mood this morning. What a blast! He can pick out quite a few states and knows exactly where they should be placed. I've got about 4 different USA puzzles and we have a good time with them. I particularly like the puzzles where the pieces are the actual shapes of the states. Pretty nifty. We'll have to try to put it together sometime without the borders. That should be interesting.

I brought him for a haircut in Groton Wednesday and his barber had a DVD of himself playing the harmonica. He's very good and self taught. He started playing at 12 years old and is now in his 70's. He showed me his trumpet harmonica; beautiful instrument. Didn't have a chance to see him play it as he had customers waiting. I hinted that I'd like to show my husband the DVD but he didn't bite. Maybe next time I'm asked to bring the kid for a haircut I can get Lenny to part with his DVD. The best part is that kiddo now wants a harmonica. I'll have to get him one. He still likes to mess around on the piano, nothing special, just playing whatever notes fall under his fingers but he really enjoys it. Lenny also whistles very well. Of course I'm not a connoisseur but I enjoyed his whistling while he was giving the haircut.

Quote: It is in learning music that many youthful hearts learn to love. ----Ricard

4 comments:

Yann du Maroni said...

I like your quotes.

Qu'que chose said...

Merci, jeune homme. Et que faites-vous la-bas?

Anonymous said...

I won't ask to borrow this puzzle,glad it is completed but I need a simpler one,
your younger brother's wife

Qu'que chose said...

I've got just the right ones.I really, really do.I'd forgotten about them.I've got a 400 piece Noah's Ark and a 500 piece Mother Goose. They're Springbok and really nice.Come on down!