Thursday, January 7, 2010

Darned blue state . . .

The Veendam had to embark the Glacier Bay National Park Rangers before we could proceed to the glaciers. I believe that this is the Lamplugh Glacier.

Gorgeous New England Day! The news on the political front is dismal as usual in Connecticut. With Dodd out and Blumenthal finally getting his wish we're still in dire straits. The Republicans have three candidates for the Senate: McMahon would certainly lose; Simmons has a chance but is really too moderate; the right candidate, so far, Schiff a pretty conservative business man, isn't well known. I wish I lived in a red state so I could be happy at least some of the time when I read the papers in the morning. Perhaps I'll have to quit reading the news and then I'll perk up! At least the UCONN men won last night. That's a smile and a plus.

Off to Sacred Heart for lunch duty soon, first of the New Year.

Quote: Party standards are the shadows in which patriotism is buried. ---St. Pierre

No comments: