Saturday, January 16, 2010

And The Thaw is here . . .

This one did a lot of scraping coming down the mountain!

Yes, all the way up to 50 in the sun this afternoon. Snow's just melting away but we can still go sliding on our hill. Grampa played horseshoes in the yard today. How cool is that? Very cool indeed!

Caught up on a lot of my reading today. The roads were no good for walking because they were covered in dirty water! The Dog Track isn't quite accessible yet but if the warmth keeps up who knows. Perhaps we'll go flying and walking tomorrow. I miss walking out of doors although I must admit that I've gotten a lot of Bleak House read (I should say listened to). I'm on disk 15 of 28. It's great to walk in the house and listen to my novels!

Might have a treat for supper tomorrow as son-in-law said they might get here to Moosup and we'll go out to eat at his favorite spot. That would be nice. We'll wait and see what happens.

Quote: Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ----Goldsmith

No comments: