Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thumbs down . . .


Stayed up to watch the preacher and I wasn't disappointed. He only said two things that surprised me; in the clean energy part of the speech he talked of nuclear power and off shore drilling. I don't believe for a moment that he's serious given his background but at least it gave me some "hope and change." I don't think that the speech changes anything but it let us know that he's the same goofus that we put in office a year ago and he's still running on the same platform. Yuck. Gee, but it would be nice if the dopey Republicans could get it together and give the congressional lefties a run for their money.I thought that McDonnell gave a better speech in his 15 minutes than the other guy did in his 70.

Helped out a bit at Richoni's yesterday because daughter has sliced her thumb for the umpteenth time. I only cut up some kielbasa and washed a few dishes but I like helping out in the back if she needs me. Watched the two kids play basketball in the cold and wind. That was fun. The little one makes baskets once in a while and he doesn't quit. Pretty good attitude.

Quote: To be a chemist you must study chemistry; to be a lawyer or a physician you must study law or medicine; but to be a politician you need only to study your own interests. ----Max O'Rell

No comments: