Sunday, January 17, 2010

Going to be a grand day . . .


Gloomy looking day with rain, ice and snow forecast for Northeastern CT but it's going to be a fine day! Went to Mass this morning and when I returned Puppy's Pop decided we should go try flying and walking at the Sterling Community School because they had plowed part of the track. It worked out just perfect. His new plane sounded great and looked beautiful while I had a chance to walk around the school about 5 times in my 40 minute allotment. It feels so good to be outside and not freezing to death. It's 39 degrees. I had to unzip my jacket and take off my toque! Neat. To top off the day we've been invited to a turkey dinner with middle child and her family at their home. Wow, so much perfection in one day. I'm going to skip lunch so I have room for our second Thanksgiving dinner in Groton. I also have to look up some flights to Baton Rouge for the Spring. I'll do it before Thursday because they've got some special pricing going on and we have a couple of $100 vouchers. Hope we can save some money so we can spend more while we're with the eldest and his family! Love to visit Slaughter, LA. I'm sure Puppy's Pop will get in some flying with his buddy, Gil.

Quote: It is easy to look down of others; to look down on ourselves is the difficulty. ----Peterborough

No comments: