Friday, January 22, 2010

Still learning . . .


Poor child! Got a nice little 4th grader in trouble yesterday! Trying to move things along I was taking her plate to empty what was left of the vegetable lasagna (few of the kids ate it!) when the kitchen lady came out and started to give the poor girl heck because I was doing the kid's job! I explained it was my fault but she just continued to berate the poor kid. So I accompanied the girl to the garbage and apologized for getting her in trouble! The kitchen lady laughingly told me they wouldn't fire me! It could have been funny but the poor girl seemed humiliated and I hated that. I did tell the kitchen lady again that it wasn't the kid's fault but I don't think it sunk in. She can be a tough broad and I've been told not to cross her! Oh well, I guess I learned my lesson: Be less helpful so I don't embarrass the kids.

A beautiful, crisp sunny day! Should finish the strawberries and blueberries soon. (Puzzle.) I imagine that Puppy's Pop will get in some flying at the Dog Track today while I'm off to lunch duty.

Quote: A torn jacket is soon mended , but hard words bruise the heart of a child. ---Longfellow


Quote:

No comments: