Saturday, January 9, 2010

Boohoo . . . UCONN.


All that begins well ends well. Yes indeedy! The roads to Groton were perfect yesterday and our young charge certainly does have a bad cold. So . . . we spent part of the day watching Beauty And The Beast and I was so glad that he didn't consider it too "girl stuff." He'd already let me know that it seemed to be pretty "girly." But he enjoyed it and when Granpa made the mistake of suggesting they watch Beauty And The Beast after supper (thinking the kid wouldn't want to see it again) he said that would be great! I'm happy because his Mom and I are taking him to Providence Performing Arts in February to see the play. I've seen it and it's really wonderful. The talking and singing Lumiere, Cogsworth (?), Mrs. Pot and Chip are so well done for the theatre. I know we'll have a ball.

Just watched #13 UCONN men blow a 19 point lead and get beat by #12 Georgetown. Disgraceful! The women will be playing North Carolina this afternoon. I hope it's a good game. I like to see the women win but I really like to see them have to work a bit harder to win. It's been so easy for them. They're that good or the competition is that bad!

Had lunch at Richoni's today. They had another fantastic night. Good on them!

Quote: It is great cleverness to know how to conceal our cleverness. ---La Rochefoucauld

No comments: