Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy 66th . . . January 20

More calving.

Man I've gotten quite a few more pieces put in that terrible strawberry/blueberry puzzle. I had put it away for the holidays and I dug it out about a week ago and today's the first day I take the time to work on it. Good on me! Have to quit soon though because I have a birthday dinner to prepare. (I'll be in Groton tomorrow so we're celebrating today. Never seem to be able to celebrate birthdays on the birth day!) Puppy's Pop chose pepper steak on rice rather than prime rib so I will accommodate. I'll make it with ground sirloin because it's quite flavorful so I guess I should rename the dish! I've also made a black coffee chocolate cake and it actually fell out of the pan quite well for a change. It usually gives me a fit and I often lose the top of the cake. Even though it is very edible it looks a bit messy. We'll use good old fashioned Kool Whip for topping. Making me hungry already. Got Puppy's Pop a Peter Seller's DVD, Being There, so we should have a nice evening. I still have a book I ordered from an Amazon seller that's not in yet. He's already finished Pappy Boyington's autobiography and listens to Steve Martin's banjo CD. So that's it for his 66th.

Quote: Every man is a volume, if you know how to read him.----Channing

No comments: