Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bad news day . . .


Things must be getting out of hand. Lizzy B's was robbed a few months back and some of the stolen articles were found at Plainfield High School. Surprise! Friday the Community Market on the end of the same little strip as Lizzy B's was robbed. They emptied the ATM machine and broke down two doors (that had all sorts of special locking devices) plus other items were missing. The lady who owns Lizzy B's also owns the entire strip. She's devastated. The minute she gets a little bit ahead she gets slapped down. Rumor has it that the latest robbery was done by people living in the campground that's not too far away. May be it is time to set up some animal traps to catch these bastards.

Still too cold to be messing around out of doors so after Mass I'll just be lazy: work on my newest puzzle (birds in summer), try to finish a few rows on my hooked rug (it's been sitting for a number of years waiting for me to complete it! I stopped work on it when I hurt my elbow and couldn't even pull the hook out!) And of course I've got walking to do, newspapers to read etc. We'll have corned beef and cabbage for supper. Nice easy day.

Quote: I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. --Don't trust that idea. --Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it. ---Dickens

No comments: