Monday, January 4, 2010

Bright, clear, invigorating . . .


Just came in from sweeping the front entryway, the porch and two sets of steps and the front path to the mail. Wow, it's looking like Vermont. Remember when we used to be up in Vermont and the snow just never stopped. It was always in the air. I used to want to wait until the roads were perfectly clear before we went to Mount Mansfield so you guys could go skiing and snowboarding. Of course the roads up there were never perfectly clear so we would go anyway. Eventually, I believe I finally let the two of you go all by yourselves. I almost miss the apartment in Essex Junction. It was a nice home away from home. We still go to the same restaurant for breakfast when we go up to the Hot Rod Show in September. Only missed the yearly show once since 1991, I believe.

Grampa's off on errands; coffee, bank, hamburger rolls for Sloppy Joes and he'll let me know how the roads are before I venture out. I'm not fond of driving on messy roads, as noted above, never have been. We expect to have a very cold week but no additional snow so I'll be fine doing my lunch duty at Sacred Heart. It's fun to see our sweetheart grandson at school. He's a character and gets along well with all the kids. We had a map of the world on the floor the other day and he showed me where his friend Kevin used to live: in China. Pretty good show for 5 years old. He, playing Ben 10, was beating up the bad guys all over the USA and telling me what states he was saving. He did save Texas, Louisiana and Connecticut. When he tried to save California I told him to let the bad guys have it. We have 2 map puzzles that are made of foam and he likes to long jump across them so we get a lot exercise when he remembers the maps.

Only three bottles of BASF wine left in the dark room. Hope eldest child gets a chance to order more!

Quote: Wife . . . . Be thou the rainbow to the storms of life; the evening beam that smiles the clouds away and tints to-morrow with prophetic ray. -----Byron

No comments: