Friday, May 14, 2010

And this is high tech . . . ?


Have to laugh. Our prescription insurance has changed from Medco to CVS Caremark and to celebrate this wonderment CVS sent us letters with a new valuable benefit. So Grampa and I pocketed out new ExtraCare Health Cards and I called the number they gave us in the letter so I could transfer my existing ExtraCare balance to the new card. (This is an old card I use, when I think of it, to buy odds and ends when I go to CVS to pick up prescriptions that I don't get by mail.) Now after pushing a minimum of 3 buttons I finally arrived at, of all things, a real honest to goodness lady! She was very pleasant and I explained I was doing what the letter from CVS said I should do to transfer my existing balance of coupons, Extra Bucks, and 2% back when I shop. She was delightful and I thanked her for not being a robot. She looked up my ID and said, "Sorry, but you are not authorized to have a card. The letter was sent to you by mistake." How neat is that? She gave me another number to call and this time I did get my robot who told me that "You have 0 points and they will be available July 1 at the register." So what have I learned from this debacle? I'm not sure. Perhaps we'll just throw away any offers of "cards" we receive. I've got a side pocket in my purse to hold all of the damnable things and they are a pain. But . . . that said . . . I must admit that the Rite Aid card we were using got us great discounts on Tuesdays because we are senior citizens! Oh, woe is me. They just changed that card too and it'll be interesting to see how that gets messed up.

Of other more pleasant topics. Kiddo was so thrilled yesterday when he told me at lunch that he had been named "Star of the Day" in Kindergarten. Star of the Day gets to name a helper and he named a nice tall girl he likes as his helper. He also explained that's why she was sitting with him at lunch time! And the social shenanigans start. By afternoon when I went to walk him home from school (he runs, I walk) the day had fallen to pieces. In his folder of papers his teacher had made him write, " I will listen to Mrs. F." Mrs. F had written quite a long note on his paper explaining that Kiddo was among a pack of kids that did not go sit on the carpet when she told them to do so. Yikes! Mom has to sign the note and return it to school today. I wonder what devilment today will bring?

Quote: The joys of meeting pay the pangs of absence; else who could bear it? __Rowe

No comments: