Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rapacious wind . . .

Denali in the clouds. And you expected it to be otherwise?

45 degrees, very windy but sunny. Yep, just a Spring day in New England. Almost feels like Winter. Glad I don't have the garden in yet. Uncle R has already lost quite a few plants. He started his garden way to early. I've got Mr. D coming this week to plow ours and then I'll plant the seeds next week before we visit the youngest. I hope even that won't be too early. We'll have to get the plants when we get back in very early June. It should work out alright.

Walked at the Dog Track yesterday and had to skirt the two new ponds! We had quite the thunderstorms in the morning. But as soon as Puppy's Pop ascertained that the storms were over we headed on out. It was the best flying weather because there was no sun and just minimal breeze. I kinda plodded my way around because I'm still a bit poky. Maybe that's the new me? I hope not!

Went to breakfast at Lizzy B's and was given a beautiful red/peach rose for Mother's Day. Very nice. They always do something special and on Father's Day they give the men a lottery ticket! Going to spend the day, after Mass, getting caught up again with three magazines and perhaps going for a walk here at home since I think it'll still be too windy for the Dog Track. We'll have Chinese for supper so I don't have to cook! Cool beansies.

Quote: A mother's love is indeed the golden link that binds youth to age; and he is still but a child, however time may have furrowed his cheek, or silvered his brow, who can yet recall, with a softened heart, the fond devotion, or the gentle chidings, of the best friend that God ever gives us. __Bovee

No comments: