Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Up so early . . .


Woke up before the birds this morning and starving. Went to Lizzy B's before 7. They almost keeled over when they saw me get out of the Dodge Ram at that most ungodly hour. And . . . did my two mile hike before 8. Wonders shall never cease.

Yesterday brought all kinds of nice, neat new things: the humming birds are back, the rose breasted grosbeaks are back, the property is absolutely stunning and . . . . I ordered my iPad. Yes, yes, yes! I can't wait, but I have to wait. It should be here anytime between May 12 and the 18. I hope it's on the early side because I want to play with it before we leave for youngest child's domain. This is so exciting. It's an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB. Oh what fun this is going to be! It's fun just waiting impatiently for it to arrive. I don't have to have a contract with ATT in order to use their telephone connection so I'll start out small and see how it goes. The England child told me that they'll manage to connect us to their Wi-Fi or some such thing while we're with them. Just an overabundance of happy feelings. Can't believe that this is because of technology! I'm straying from the path of normalcy. Can't wait to read some books on the neat contraption!

Puppy's Pop is off to the VA for his eye exam and I've got to be off shopping at Big Y. Will be staying late in Groton this evening because it's Cinco de Mayo and middle child has no idea if they'll be extra busy at Richoni's. That's OK. I haven't seen our Kiddo in three weeks and I'm ready for some good times.

Quote: One of the most wonderful things in nature is a glance of the eye; it transcends speech; it is the bodily symbol of identity. __Emerson

No comments: