Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Very cool . . .


Weather and iPad are very cool! Spent so much time yesterday and today just playing on the iPad, not with it, on it. It's a bit like a musical instrument. Boy, do I ever have a lot to learn. But . . . I am able to read and send emails, go on line to our home page, read books that I've downloaded for free, listen to the music I had already downloaded from iTunes and look at some of the neat photographs that I've taken from Facebook friends! All pretty darn cool for only one day!

Finished up the garden yesterday with flower seeds. Hart's would not hold any plants for me until June 1st so I just went to Agway in Plainfield and bought the flower seeds instead of plants and four humongous tomato plants. They would have held the tomatoes for me but I decided that Kiddo needs a job while we're gone. I called him last night and he agreed to water our tomatoes while we're gone and we'll pay him $.50 a day. We went to lunch at Richoni's today and brought the tomatoes to Kiddo's house and placed them close to a sunny wall. His Dad wanted to know if we'll pay even when it rains. We agreed! Tough bargainer that son-in-law.

Speaking of Richoni's, they put in a new computerized cash register system but they haven't quite got the bugs worked out yet. It's really a great idea, as far as I'm concerned. The bar tender no longer has to walk to the kitchen to place a food order and all of the prices come up automatically so no one can charge more or less than anyone else. Pretty neat. I'm still having some residual problems with the key in my poor tired Saturn and Richard's Service Center will take care of it tomorrow when I go to pick up Kiddo. Nice.

Quote: Be wise; soar not too high to fall, but stoop to rise. __Massinger

No comments: