Sunday, May 23, 2010

From Middleton St. George

Well, I'm going to try to write this on the iPad. My only difficulty is that the screen takes a very light touch and I often end up with too many letters in my words!

Spent part of yesterday shopping at Morrisons in Darlington then daughter and I went into downtown so I could have cool, sweet, creamy ice cream. It is so amazing to me that everything is so beautiful and clean. The weather is very warm, too warm for the clothing we've brought so today we went back to Darlington and I picked up two blouses and some sandals. Of course the weather will return to cool starting tomorrow! I also needed the sandals to keep the ferrets from biting my feet. I like to go barefoot but don't when Harriet, Dabs and Wiggles are out!

The house is very nice; two bedrooms and a bath upstairs; a really nice living room with a fire place; a comfortable kitchen dining room and my favorite room of all, the conservatory! It's a sun room looking out on the garden. The back yard is just beautiful. It is completely hedged in with neat stone paths and trimmed trees and a wonderful waterfall.

Slept like a baby from 9pm to 9am and ate egg sandwiches for breakfast! Daughter made barbecue for supper last night. It was delicious; chicken, lamb and kebabs.

The scenery as we drive around is spectacular. There are fields of golden rape seed that is used to make cooking oil. The yellow is so bright and the fields are miles long that the sight is breathtaking. Of course we always forget to bring the camera!

No comments: