Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yes . . . we have sun!

I made a copy of The High One from a photo in a book. Denali, Mount McKinley, was always in the clouds when we were there.

Didn't feel like accompanying Puppy's Pop to the Track yesterday. It was a looming, cold miserable sky with a few drops of moisture at around 12:30 pm but I went. The red winged black birds were few and far between. They knew better than to be out in the treacherous New England weather. But I got my entire walk in and Luke, the stunt biker came along and he was freezing too. Spent most of the time while Puppy's Pop was flying just tuning his bike. Never got to see him ride. It looks as if we'll be bumping into him often. It's such a good place for motor sports of all kinds. The kids that play there at night had a bonfire with the old couch they had put on top of the rubble. I guess they tumbled it down and set fire to it along with the discarded tires. Now Grampa doesn't have so much to haul away!

Good new today. The iPad should be here Monday and best of all our phone came in from youngest child. She sent us the Samsung SGH-E900 that she used to use. It's pretty neat and very high tech, for us! She sent the sim card and battery which we installed (Grampa did it because I always have trouble with that stuff even if they give me pictures to guide me. The pictures seem to confuse me more than if they just wrote the directions down in words. What the heck is wrong with words? I guess they'd have to translate the directions into too many languages so they go with little stick pictures that have given me a "stick picture phobia." But, c'est la vie, and with Grampa's help I always survive even though I put the wrong thing-a-ma-jigs in the wrong slots. The phone is on vibrate but I don't expect to use it unless we have some kind of snafu in Europe. D. has preprogrammed the numbers we'd need so we're set to go.

Couldn't figure out why the monstrous, LED signs on 395 were warning me about a route 12 road closure when I was going south in Norwich. Now I've got it. Train derailment. Seems incongruous. I never even think of trains doing so much hauling around Eastern Connecticut but they do. It's supposed to take them a few days to get it all straightened out. Nine cars derailed on a Providence and Worcester freight train near Bundy Hill where the tracks follow the Quinebaug. Some of the cars tumbled down the embankment and others knocked down some power lines. No one was hurt. Quite a mess for our rural area.

Must be off to Sacred Heart soon. Not too much time left in the school year. Their last day in June 11. How nice!

Quote: A panic is a sudden desertion of us, and a going over to the enemy of our imagination. __Bovee

No comments: