Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just about sleepless . . .


Had a great Friday, even though it started out gloomy and cool, by afternoon it was sunny and almost 70 degrees. Kiddo managed to be good at school all day. One of the "girls" fell down trying to follow him out of the cafeteria, his Star of the Day helper. Gee, this does not bode well for the future! He wanted to stay and play after school because the "girl" was going to stay around for a while. Too, bad. So sad. We had to leave really fast for Moosup before EB and Pfizer traffic got awful. Once in Moosup we played baseball and street hockey. He's not too bad. He rode his scooter around the driveway like a maniac and skeeched up a storm on a couple of beat up plastic vehicles. I calmly watched from my perch on the swing. By the time bedtime came around I figured he'd be tired. Grampa and I certainly were but I was still reading about frogs and reptiles at 9:15 when he finally called it quits. Then at about 2:45am he had a nightmare and it got tough. Finally at 4am I had him get in my bed and of course his head touched the pillow and he was fast asleep until 8am. I swear I never let any of our kids get in bed with us. I guess I'm getting daft. The problem was he knew he was going to Cape Cod today with the family and he was so excited about it he just couldn't rest, consequently, neither did we! But it's still fun. He cracks us up with his antics and stories.

Was way too windy to fly today so we just went for a walk. I had to call it quits after only one go around. That crazy left hip or something just didn't want to let me walk comfortably. It feels great right now. I hope that doesn't mean more rain. I want to plant the seeds in the garden before we leave next week and too much rain and cold will hinder my endeavors. I don't like being hindered in any way!

Quote: Pedantry crams our heads with learned lumber, and takes out our brains to make room for it. __Colton

No comments: